As per the recent government directive, all the existing customers have to link Aadhaar with their Mobile numbers. The mobile service provider Idea has been sending messages to its customers for linking their Aadhaar with the phone number.
If you had purchased your Idea SIM card by other documents like id proofs including license, voter id, etc., you will have to verify your phone SIM again using Aadhaar Card number.
The Department of Telecommunication (DoT) has issued instructions to all operators to verify all existing mobile subscribers (Prepaid and Postpaid) through Aadhaar based E-KYC process on or before 06.02.2018. Failure to link Aadhaar with mobile phone invites deactivation after February 2018.You can do the seeding offline.
For seeding Aadhaar to your Idea mobile number, all you need is your Aadhaar card or Aadhaar number and your mobile. You will be required to complete biometric verification. During verification, you will receive the verification code, One Time Password (OTP) on your Mobile that would be required to complete the process. How To Link Aadhaar To Airtel Mobile Number?
Follow these simple steps to complete the mandated E-KYC process.
- Visit your nearest Idea outlets and provide your Idea mobile number and Aadhaar number.
- Idea store executive will provide a four-digit verification code on your mobile number from the re-verification application.
- Give the verification code to Idea store executive and provide your biometrics.
- After 24hrs you will receive a confirmation SMS, reply Y to this SMS complete the EKYC process.
- It is important to note that the whole process of linking Aadhaar to your Idea number is free of cost.
Customers in roaming customer need to get the Aadhaar verified in their respective home circle. For outstation customer also the process for linking Outstation is similar. Only Local Referee details have to be provided additionally. How To Link Aadhaar With Your BSNL Mobile Number?