For the misrepresentation as well as delays in project completion, home buyers now have another recourse as RERA authority of a particular state. And soon after the implementation of RERA in the year 2017, there have come to light several such instances where complainant has been compensated. So, if you have also faced a similar situation wherein your housing society developer has erred and not delivered the amenities as promised, you can approach the state RERA to get your grievance addressed:
Process of filing complaint against property developer with your state RERA authority
1. You need to register yourself first at the RERA site as the complainant providing all the requisite details including mobile number, e-mail Id etc.
2. Click on accounts then thereafter go to My profile and provide the necessary details.
3. As a next step, you need to click on the tab for 'complaint details' and select ' Add new complaint'.
4. Here you need to give in property details including registration number for the project and the respondent's antecedents.
5. Provide details of your case and upload appropriate documents
6. Do mention the relief you wish to get and on the basis of which legal provisions and grounds.
7. After that you need to provide your declaration stating that the provided facts are true and pay the applicable fees online.
8. An adjudicating officer from the RERA authorities will hear your case and if your case is found to have merit, the officer will pass the order accordingly.
9. And if the adjudicating officer's order does not seem suitable to you, you within a period of 60 years from the date of issue of such order can approach the appellate tribunal.