The National Pension Scheme popularly known as NPS is a voluntary retirement scheme introduced by the government of India with an intention to promote savings amongst the salaried individuals towards the pension scheme which will yield benefit post retirement.
The scheme is designed to enable systematic savings throught out the work life of individuals.
How to link Aadhaar with National Pension Scheme online?
- One has to follow the below-mentioned steps to link national pension scheme online with aadhar:
- Login to your NPS account using credentials.
- Click on the ‘Update Details’ option, proceed further and select a sub-menu option which states “Update Aadhaar/Address Details”.
- Select the option which is described as “Add/Update Aadhaar number”
- Now enter the aadhaar number.
- You will be receiving an OTP from the UIDAI on your registered mobile number
- After completion of OTP authentication, the Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) will be linked to the NPS account that was used to login and thus your given aadhar number will be linked.
Please Note: The name mentioned in the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) should match with the name mentioned in the aadhaar card.