After the introduction of Aadhar cards in India, the government of India has made it mandatory for all the account holders to link their respective bank accounts with aadhar number.
On the other hand, banks are also notified to deactivate those accounts which are not linked with aadhaar number. The linking of aadhar with bank account can be done in two ways, both online mode and offline mode.
How to link Aadhaar with Bank Accounts through offline mode?
Individuals who do not have net banking facilities can physically visit the respective branch of the bank and follow the below-mentioned steps to accomplish the linking process of Aadhaar with respective bank account:
- Visit the bank branch where you maintain your bank account and collect a copy of the form to link the Aadhaar with a bank account.
- Fill in the necessary information including name, residential address, bank account number, name of the bank, name of the branch and so on.
- Fill all the boxes provided with name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card, aadhaar number, gender, mobile number.
- Attach a photocopy of the Aadhaar card and submit the application form along with a photocopy of aadhaar card
- The bank representative will check the details submitted by you and the bank account will be linked with the Aadhaar number if all the details provided by you matches.
Please Note: You will have to carry the original Aadhar card to the bank for verification purpose.
How to link Aadhaar Card online through Internet Banking?
Linking of the bank account with Aadhaar via internet banking is a very easy and quick process. A customer can complete this procedure sitting comfortably at home or in office. The following are the list of steps which one has to follow to link the Aadhaar card with bank account via online mode:
- Login to the internet banking for the respective bank account which you wish to link your Aadhaar card with.
- Look out for ‘Aadhar card seeding’ or ‘Add aadhar card’ or similar option
- Enter your aadhar details carefully and double check the same before clicking on the submit button
- The linking of a bank account with aadhar will be completed on successful verification of the information provided.